The secretary Prisons council invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill 1,152 vacancies for the post of recruit warders/wardresses
All applicants must be: -
1.Ugandan Citizens aged 18-30 years (Age must be supported by the National Identity Card)
2. In possession of O’ level certificates with at least 4 credits including one in English and a pass in Mathematics. (University graduates and Diploma holders should NOT apply)
4.Of good conduct with no criminal record and a letter of recommendation from L.C. I chairpersons of their villages endorsed by L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
Handwritten applications addressed to the Secretary Prisons Council with the following on the scheduled date for interviews.;
1. Three (03) photocopies of certificates/result slips
2. Three (03) photocopies of National Citizenship Identity Card.
3. Three (03) recent passport size photographs.
4. Original National Citizenship Identity Card.
5. Original certificates/result slips
6. Ready to undergo both written and oral interviews
7. Ready to undergo Medical Examination as part of the interview to confirm suitability for physical training.
Interviews shall be conducted at the 16 Regional Prisons Headquarters and 2 sub regions (Kotido and Hoima).
Successful applicants should be ready to undergo a minimum of nine-months basic Prisons Officer’s Training Course.
Effective appointment into the service is subject to successful completion of the training.
NOTE: Presentation of forged documents or impersonation is criminal and shall be prosecuted in Courts of Law.
All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to any one for any service during the recruitment exercise
Click below to download the interview dates and venues
The Uganda Prisons ServicePlot 13/15 Parliament AvenueP.O.Box 7182 KampalaTel(1): 256414342136Tel(2): 256414256751Fax(1): 256414343330Fax(2): 256414344014Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2022, UPS. All rights Reserved
With Support from NITA-U