RECRUITMENT OF WARDERS AND WARDRESSES INTO THE UGANDA PRISONS SERVICE 2017
13th April, 2017
TO: ALL REGIONAL PRISONS COMMANDERS
ALL RESIDENT DISRICT COMMISSIONERS
ALL CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICERS
ALL DISTRICT CHAIRMEN
ALL DISTRICT PRISONS COMMANDERS
ALL OFFICERS IN CHARGE PRISON UNITS
Following the advertisement that ran in the media in January 2017 and interviews which were conducted at the Prisons Regional Headquarters on 22nd March to 24th March 2017, the following candidates have been selected to join the Uganda Prisons Service as recruit Warders/ Wardresses.
They should report to the Commandant Prisons Academy and Training School (PATS) Luzira with effect from 20th April 2017 without fail. Any candidate who will not have reported by 23rd April 2017 will forfeit his or her place.
The list of requirements is hereby attached.
Can. Dr. J.O.R. Byabashaija
COMMISSIONER GENERAL OF PRISONS.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REPORTING FOR THE RECRUIT WARDER/WARDRESS BASIC PRISON OFFICERS TRAINING COURSE 2017
2. Beddings (bed sheets, blankets, mosquito nets)
3. Two reams of ROTARIM photocopying paper
4. Ten counter books and enough pens
5. A hoe (cock brand)
6. A slasher
7. Rubber squeezer
8. Two cartons of toilet paper (48 rolls each carton)
9. A pair of gumboots (black)
10. Two pairs of khaki trousers
11. Two white T- Shirts ( round neck)
12. One pair of canvas shoes
13. Cutlery (plate spoon, cup)
14. A 20 litres jerrycan
16. Personal effects (e.g. towel, soap sandals, tooth brush, washing soap adequate pocket money)
Note: 1. (These requirements can also be bought from the school canteen to reduce inconveniences of carrying them.)
2. ORIGINAL ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS, NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, FORMER SCHOOL IDENTITY CARD, 3 RECENT PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS AND PHOTOCOPIES OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS.